Tuesday, June 29, 2010

John Lennon Sculpture Unveiled



















The design of a John Lennon peace sculpture was revealed this week at the Shanghai Expo. Julian Lennon will unveil the full-size, 18-foot high monument in October as part of a two-month-long festival to celebrate John Lennon’s 70th birthday.

The sculpture, called “Peace and Harmony,” is by 19-year-old American Lauren Voiers, who told theLiverpool Daily Post that her inspiration came from “combining the power of art and music. I think this sums up a lot about John Lennon and what he stood for. On a personal note, my passion is art but I also love music and I wanted to reflect this in the monument. Both art and music are universal languages.”

The design incorporates doves, musical notes, a guitar and a keyboard and, at son Julian’s request, a white feather.

“One of the things my father said to me was that should he pass away, if there was some way of letting me know he was going to be O.K., it was by, in some shape or form, presenting me with a white feather,” Julian Lennon said.

Gibson - John Lennon Sculpture Unveiled

No comments:

Post a Comment